Sep 30, 2020
Customer experience is rapidly becoming the differentiator between which brands customers choose to use. This is a growing trend and, with increased competition in the market, it makes it easier for customers to switch brands based on their experience. The emphasis on service in an omnichannel environment is more important than ever.
But don’t just take our word for it.
We have compiled some interesting stats to help showcase this point more clearly:
1. 58% of customers say that customer service is a very important factor that affects their choice of a brand.
2. 61% of consumers say that they have stopped transacting with a business after a poor service experience.
3. 59% of customers say that they have higher expectations for customer support than they had a year ago.
4. 70% of global consumers have a favorable view of brands that contact them with proactive customer service notifications.
5. 59% of customers prefer brands that respond to customer service inquiries and complaints on social media than to those brands that don’t.
6. Two in every three consumers think that omnichannel customer service is getting better.
7. 39% of customers think that the process of engaging with customer service organizations and getting their questions answered is getting easier. 26% say that it is getting harder.
8. 33% of consumers say that the most important aspect of a good customer service experience is resolving their issue in one interaction – no matter how long it takes. 31% say that a knowledgeable customer service representative is the most important aspect of the process.
9. The most frustrating aspect of a poor customer service experience is an agent that lacks the knowledge or ability to solve the customer’s issue – according to 36% of those surveyed. 31% say that it is having to repeat or provide their data multiple times.
10. 90% of customers believe that organizations should provide the ability for customers to provide feedback.
11. Around 17% of all customers say that they never get the chance to provide feedback. 37% of them say they only get to provide feedback occasionally.
12. 51% of all customers believe that most brands do not act on customer feedback.
Engaging with a contact centre to skillfully address your customer service issues is simpler than ever. At FMI we are in a position to offer flexible, live solutions to allow for quick and effective customer engagement so that queries are resolved on first contact.
Get in touch today to discuss how we could help you.