FMI run F1 Experiential pop-up in Dublin

Mar 3, 2020

Mondello Park is the only FIA licensed motor racing circuit in Ireland.   As an international race circuit that hosts various experience days, the concept of hosting an experiential pop-up store in the centre of Dublin during the key retail period of the year was a bold strategic manoeuvre 

Hosted in doublestory venue situated just ofbusy Grafton street in Dublin city centrethe aim of the experiential popup was to raise brand awareness of the Mondello Park brand, sell customer experiences, and build a database of potential customers that they could communicate with. 

Mondello Park engaged FMI to help run the pop-up store and to recruit and train the team of brand ambassadors. The pop-up shop ran for 20 days in the lead up to Christmas. Despite the poor weather during this period, having an actual Formula Sheane model displayed on the shop floor was a real novelty factor that helped to entice customers into the shop. Downstairs they had two virtual race stimulators that allowed customers to experience the adrenaline rush and thrill of F1 racing, encouraging customers to buy tickets and to experience a F1 race for themselves, or for their friends and/ or loved ones 

A race experience day is an ideal gift for the man that has it all, so it was no surprise that 73% of people who purchased the experience were females, buying these gifts for the men in their lives, with men making up the remaining 27% of buyers 

FMI captured the details of all customers who used the simulator as well as those of all customers who purchased the opportunity to experience this activity Members of the FMI team were all tasked with tracking the number of people who visited the store, noting what services they bought, and measuring the conversion rate to actual sales, all of which was reported on a weekly basis to the client. The project generated a 28% conversion rate, exceeding the overall sales target. 

This fun, original project is a great example of the benefits of running an experiential marketing campaign.  It enabled the Mondello brand to tempt customers into the store, thus ensuring that the experiences that Mondello Park had to offer became part of their consideration   for Christmas giftsin a busy retail period.    

The project generated great brand awareness and strong ROI, and it also gave Mondello Park a good database of actual and potential clients with whom they are able to continue the conversation.  It is clear that the Mondello Park activation was a great example of successful experiential marketing in action for FMI.